Tubal Reversal A Personal Choice

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » Questions about Tubal Reversal » Question: Tubal Reversal after Ablation?
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
JLoflin
Member # 15302
 - posted      Profile for JLoflin     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Thanks again for your honest replies, I really appreciate it and it makes me feel like you are trustworthy and are not just trying to "sell" me [Smile]

Have you had any patients with a similar situation to mine? I am curious as to the outcomes? Thanks!
Whitney, RN
Member # 14645
 - posted      Profile for Whitney, RN     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
JLoflin,
If the diagnostic procedures indicate that the endometrium is normal, then it would be fine to consider tubal reversal surgery. If there are abnormalities resulting from the past endometrial ablation, then the probability of pregnancy would be low, and if pregnancy did occur the risk of pregnancy loss and/or complication increased.You do not have to have a specific thickness, but having your tubes repaired and not being able to support a pregnancy bc of thin endometrial lining might not be in your best interest financially or emotionally.
Normal endometrial thickness ranges from 4-10 millimeters, depending on where you are in your cycle. If the ablation was effective then the endometrium (and the endometrial stripe) will be absent or minimal (less than 4mm).
Whitney, RN [CHTRC]
JLoflin
Member # 15302
 - posted      Profile for JLoflin     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Thank you Whitney for your reply! My periods are lighter than before but the reason I had the ablation done was because after my TL I began to have awful periods that came every 2-3 weeks. I wish I had known about PTLS back then, I would have never had the ablation done and instead would have had the reversal.

I am scheduled for an ultrasound on 2/14 to check for uterine lining thickness, after this my OB is going to perform a hysteroscopy.

What thickness is considered normal? The ultrasound's timing is right about mid cycle for me. Will the Center perform a reversal on me only if my lining is a certain thickness?

Thanks so much again, I deeply regret getting my tubes tied, worst decision I have made...
Whitney, RN
Member # 14645
 - posted      Profile for Whitney, RN     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
JLoflin,
We normally ask patients after an ablation if they are A.) having regular periods i.e not to light or too short. and B.) if they have had a uterine ultrasound to determine the thickness of the endometrium. The endometrial lining must be thick enough to support a pregnancy, that is provide nourishment for the placental developement.
Since you have had 2 periods since your ablation 2 months ago, this is a good sign, though I would recommend further investigation to determine if you do have a thick enough lining. The ablation will not effect whether the tubes can be repaired or not, but it will effect your ability to carry a pregnancy to term.

Whitney, RN [CHTRC]
JLoflin
Member # 15302
Hello,

I am new here and have been researching a tubal reversal. I am 35, my tubes were tied in 2008 and I had a hydrothermal ablation done Nov. 15, 2010. I have since gotten AF twice and am wondering if the Center has had success with patients who have had an ablation performed? Thanks so much. [Smile]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.