Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » Preparing for Tubal Reversal » When to BD after positive OPK???
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
Rhonda B
Member # 9485
 - posted      Profile for Rhonda B      Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Dear Jessie,
Once you note a positive on your OPK, you should have relations the day of the surge as well as the following two days. This should be your most fertile time in your cycle. I wish you much success.
Rhonda
[CHTRC]
mamato7
Member # 10498
 - posted      Profile for mamato7     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Alonda
OMG , that would be awesome! I will say a prayer for you that its positive.Did you use preseed? What were your tube lengths? Please let me know about your results as soon as you can. You can email me at audie29@aol.com .My DD Sheri got a kick out of your Mom , she really enjoyed meeting her. I wish we would hear something from our other April 23 girl, she was very nice and so was her DH. I hope she is having good luck. So far I think we have had 3 April girls with bfp's but unfortunatly one is m/c. I will email you.

Jessie
ALONDA
Member # 10992
 - posted      Profile for ALONDA     Edit/Delete Post     
Hi,Jessie
How are you doing? I'm fine.Well i have to tell u this. After the tr 4/23/07,i started my cycle on 4/26/07.in which was a normal cycle 24,25 day monthly for me,Persistent this year. Well,i was fertile about 5th,6th,7th,of May.I bd the first time since surgery on the 5th. so i was right on target,GUESS WHAT it's been almost 30 days on friday the 25th, with no af,I went today to take a blood preg.test to make sure i'll know by tommorrow evening,I'm nervous but i've cramping off and on for a week,but no af, i never like her anyway i won't miss her if i'am pregs. I tried a urine pregnancy test this morning but it was negative i never had a accurate with them anyway.I will keep you imformed as u let me know how u are doing,keep the faith and good luck.
Alonda
mamato7
Member # 10498
 - posted      Profile for mamato7     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Mary and Jenn
Thanks for the replies.He will be tired but I know he wont complain, LOL.......Jessie
Jennifer K.
Member # 7884
 - posted      Profile for Jennifer K.     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Jessie,

A woman usually ovulated 36-48 hours after a positive OPK. So, if you BD the day you get your first positive OPK then chances are you will be BD'ing the day before you ovulate. BD the next 2-3 days should cover it. If you chart your temp you can BD once a day until you see a thermal shift in your temp. If you don't temp then BD'ing for a total of 4 days should cover it. BTW, an egg lasts for about 24 hours while sperm survive up to 5 days (though 3 days is more realistic). HTH

Jenn
Mary-MI
Member # 10150
 - posted      Profile for Mary-MI     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Once you actually ovulate.. the egg only is good for several hours.. so you want to BD before.. and its best to have the sperm waiting on the egg. So BD before you O' and the day of and even the day after [Smile] Hope this helps
mamato7
Member # 10498
Okay, I know you are supposed to start BDing when you get a positive on the OPK, and unless you were told DH has a sperm count issue, you can do it daily instead of every other day, so my first question is: How many days do I keep doing it once I get the positive ? Next question: Do you want the swimmers to already be in there waiting for the egg, therefor making sure you have sex BEFORE you actually O? And what if you dont do it until AFTER you O, the egg lives for awhile before it dies off right? So, is it Okay then to make the deposit right BEFORE and right AFTER? Hope this makes sence and isnt too confusing.

Jessie

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.