Tubal Reversal A Personal Choice

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » Preparing for Tubal Reversal » Bilateral Partial Salpingectomy, Pomeroy
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
momto10
Member # 11808
 - posted      Profile for momto10     Edit/Delete Post     
This is the surgery I had. I too suffered with PTLS... I had my TR on 1-17-08, five years after my TL... I am 2 months out from surgery.. I FEEL great! My PTLS has improved soo much! My tube lengths are 3.5 and 5.

Good luck!

Gwen
kitkat32608
Member # 12120
 - posted      Profile for kitkat32608     Edit/Delete Post     
Call the doctor's office and ask for the pathology report on the tubes. You may have to call the hospital itself. My hospital is where my doctor is and they allow you to have access on line to all your medical files and I researced and looked over everything and came across the lab report. All tube specimens go to the lab for review. The lab would have recorded the lengths of the tubes it received and had to file it. It's worth a try if it will make you feel at ease.
Simonsen6
Member # 10172
 - posted      Profile for Simonsen6     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Jenny,

Here is the link about the pomeroy TL - http://www.tubal-reversal.net/tubal_ligation_Pomeroy.htm

IN fact that is the one I had - After my TR my lenghts are 5.5 & 5.0

I would send in your OP report for Dr. Berger to review and then they will let you know if he thinks you are a good canidate for TR.
I think Dr. Berger is the most wonderful and talented Dr. IF there is a way to repair your tubes he is the man!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Lots of Love,
Becki
TR-03-09-07
EDD- 09-15-08 [baby]
JennyJ
Member # 12154
 - posted      Profile for JennyJ     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Im just worried it dont state how mch was taken
kitkat32608
Member # 12120
 - posted      Profile for kitkat32608     Edit/Delete Post     
Jenny H. I researched on the internet and I got that the word Salingectomy means removal of tube. So I'm guessing Bilateral Partial Salpingectomy, means partial removal of tube. Which is the Pomeroy technique. So I would look on Dr.Berger's web site under Pomeroy technique and it shows a diagram on what was done. But I would not take my word and maybe call one of the nurses at Dr. Berger's office and I'm sure they could tell you what it means.
JennyJ
Member # 12154
 - posted      Profile for JennyJ     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I have never heard of this..

I was under the understanding that I was having a LAPAROSCOPY and nothing in my phamplet states this type of procedure..

I just recieved my report and im worried .. THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS::::
I had a BILATERAL PARTIAL Salpingectomy, POMEROY TECHNIQUE...

Using Army-Navy retractors, the wound was retracted to teh patients right side where the RIGHT FALLOPIAN was swept into view and Grasped with a BABCOCK forceps.. The nuchal of tube was ligated with a free tie of 0 Chromic and the tube above the ligature was excised. The Proximal and Distal stumps were noted to be hemostatic..

then same procedure was done on Left side.

Anybody ever have this type of TL and can it be reversed??

I have PTLS and Im woundering if I would be able to have the surgery now....

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.