Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » Preparing for Tubal Reversal » Anyone have insurance cover reversal?
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
lanie2612
Member # 15466
 - posted      Profile for lanie2612     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
blue cros blue shield of alabama said they cover men and women sterile reversal. we have an appointment the 21st of april
cj72
Member # 15452
 - posted      Profile for cj72     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
blue cross blue shield of virginia does not cover it.
Brandi
Member # 3653
 - posted      Profile for Brandi     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
BC/BS of Illinois thru AT&T ( not wireless) paid 90% of mine. It also covers all blood work, diagnostic testing and Ultrasounds during infertility treatment.
prayingmiracle
Member # 14634
 - posted      Profile for prayingmiracle     Edit/Delete Post     
United Healthcare with AT&T Wireless covered tubal reversals, but only for a short time until they went Union. It was a shock to all of us. The problem was that they only covered 1st time reversals. This being my second (both tubes blocked the 1st time), we were stuck paying for it anyway, so we lucked out.
krae72
Member # 15137
 - posted      Profile for krae72     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I did not attempt to submit mine to my insurance company, but did claim my medical expenses on my taxes (both surgery and miles).
deann15033
Member # 13814
 - posted      Profile for deann15033     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
i have blue cross blue shield of alabama and they didnt cover mine my surgery was 3/2/2011
zadalove
Member # 15448
 - posted      Profile for zadalove     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I plan on calling on Monday. I had my tubal covered by state health insurance. Now we have employee coverage through anthem blue cross/blue shield of ca but we live in IL. On the website nothing specifies tubal ligation coverage. Hopefully I can get it covered...even partial coverage would make me happy.
Megan, RN
Member # 14922
 - posted      Profile for Megan, RN     Edit/Delete Post     
One thing to keep in mind is that all insurance companies are different and each individual policy is different. Most insurance companies do not cover the reversal since it is an elective procedure. The best thing to do is always check with your insurance companies customer service who are able to pull up your specific policy and let you know for sure.

Megan, RN

[CHTRC]
WendyH
Member # 15408
 - posted      Profile for WendyH     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
My insurance covered the blood work beforehand, and will cover a resulting pregnancy and everything related, but did not cover the reversal itself. The exception is a health savings account or something of that sort, which is essentially money put into an account, usually through one's employer, that can be used on anything medical related. My husband had that, and we used it for a big chunk of our payment. Good luck! [Smile]
zadalove
Member # 15448
 - posted      Profile for zadalove     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Has anyone here had a reversal and had the costs covered by insurance?

If so what insurance do you have and did a doctor recommend the reversal?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.