Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » After Tubal Reversal » What does Bluecross/blueshield cover ?
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
motherof2
Member # 8207
 - posted      Profile for motherof2     Edit/Delete Post     
I have BS/BC of Alabama and was advised that they would pay the following:

90% in network
70% out of network
for me to use DR B I have to come up with approx.
1700.00 out of pocket. Looking at getting a loan from the bank 90 day same as cash. Hope insurance refund me with in 90 days. I live in Virginia. Insurance through my employer. [Smile]
kelb
Member # 7973
 - posted      Profile for kelb     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I have BC/BS of Maryland, and so far they have covered the RE bills and meds. We have to wait 1 yr of TTC before they will cover IUI or IVF. They will cover at 100% if you have had a failed TR (at least one tube blocked). I do know that all policies are different though, so you may want to call them and ask! Good luck!
Susan in Ga
Member # 7077
 - posted      Profile for Susan in Ga     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Sorry it's took me like a month to reply . Thanks girls for answering that question . Well , i live in Georgia but they assisgned me to "Blue cross/Blue shiels of Alabama" . Best wishes for everyone !
Digger
Member # 7585
 - posted      Profile for Digger     Edit/Delete Post     
The Alfa company sounds great as long as you live in Alabama.I checked it out to see if we could apply for the sole purpose of another IVF attempt but you have to be a resident of Alabama [Frown]
Angela
mom2373
Member # 8329
 - posted      Profile for mom2373     Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone know if there is any kind of insurance in Pennsylvania that will cover Tubal Reversal? I have been looking and can not find anything
Tlm
Member # 3558
 - posted      Profile for Tlm     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
HI Susan~ I have Blue Cross of Alabama. It covered my Tubal Reversal. It also covers ANY fertility problems....including IUI, and Invetro. This is a policy thru Alfa Insurance...we are Self Employed so we provide our own Insurance. It has really helped me thru this stuff. I had some problems early in my last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage. I had 6 Vaginal Ultrasounds and OVER 20 blood draws. I was 12 weeks when I miscarried....so they tested my blood twice a week early on and sometimes 3 times a week. I never had any trouble with Blue Cross. They were good to me.

Tammy
TR~6/10/04

Macsrus5@yahoo.com
Digger
Member # 7585
 - posted      Profile for Digger     Edit/Delete Post     
Susan
It depends on which policy you have with BC/BS.Mine doesn't cover anything to do with fertility [Frown] We went thru 2 IVF cycles and the only thing my insurance covered was the blood work AFTER I got pregnant.Didn't cover the work-up,meds or actual IVF.SOME policys do pay for more so if I were you I would give them a call Monday.Best of luck!
Angela
Susan in Ga
Member # 7077
 - posted      Profile for Susan in Ga     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Mt TR has been years ago , 2001 . I've only got pregnant w/clomid and both times were ectopic. I have coverage but not sure what it might cover to help. I've heard it just covers a fertility work up. Any help would be appreciated .

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.