Tubal Reversal A Personal Choice

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » After Tubal Reversal » abdominal swelling/bloating after TR (Page 1)
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone! This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 
Lyndi RN
Member # 13632
 - posted      Profile for Lyndi RN     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Some suggestions that Dr. Berger has made to help reduce bloating are:
1. Activated charcoal tablets (Charcocaps) may provide relief from gas in the colon. Studies have shown that when these tablets are taken before and after a meal, intestinal gas is greatly reduced. The usual dose is 2 to 4 tablets taken just before eating and 1 hour after meals.
2. The enzyme lactase, which aids with lactose digestion, is available in liquid and tablet form without a prescription (Lactaid, Lactrase, and Dairy Ease). Adding a few drops of liquid lactase to milk before drinking it or chewing lactase tablets just before eating helps digest foods that contain lactose. Also, lactose-reduced milk and other products are available at many grocery stores (Lactaid and Dairy Ease).
3. Beano contains the sugar-digesting enzyme that the body lacks to digest the sugar in beans and many vegetables. The enzyme comes in liquid form. Three to 10 drops are added per serving just before eating to break down the gas-producing sugars. Beano has no effect on gas caused by lactose or fiber.
Hope that helps.
[CHTRC]
Erika J, RN
Member # 13788
 - posted      Profile for Erika J, RN     Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, it is normal to have some swelling and bloating after surgery. These symptoms typically begin to go away approximately a week or so after surgery.

Erika J.
[CHTRC]
4EverNYMom
Member # 13613
 - posted      Profile for 4EverNYMom     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Tulip, ur so cute! Lol thanks for sharing the pic. You did look preg! And that how I looked and felt too. Our bodies played tricks on us! Much bby dust!
Kevina
Member # 13813
 - posted      Profile for Kevina     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Its 10:42 I feel fell fine. I put ice on belly in hope to prevent any swelling. I'll probably be bloated cus i feel gasie.
My experience with CHTRC has been great and I thank God for making this possible and giving us second chance. My prayers and blessing go out to all the staff and to all my new TR family.
The Sheraton is nice, good service and food was delicious.
HeWants2BeADaddy
Member # 13812
 - posted      Profile for HeWants2BeADaddy     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Thank you Hopenow, this has already been one of the greatest experiences of my life.

TulipGarden, thanks for the pics.

And congratulation, best of luck butterfli
momof2n2
Member # 13781
 - posted      Profile for momof2n2     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
see - I had come prepared with my loose clothing and elastic and I thought MAYBE I was 5% bigger than normal. MAYBE. I detected no swelling in my abdomen. It clearly must be very individual. I'd say pack both types of clothes.

Two days post-op I did detect swelling right over the pubic bone. It was gone by about day 5.

Hope this helps!
Kevina
Member # 13813
 - posted      Profile for Kevina     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Hello Ladies,
I just had my TR today and I weighted in at 145lbs @ 5'2". I'll keep you uptodate on my swelling or weight gain. Feeling minimal pain, similar to mild cramps. I hope i don't get huge cus i just spend several months losing 17 lbs.
hopenow
Member # 13819
 - posted      Profile for hopenow     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Good luck with your TR HeWants2BeADaddy!!! You will love your CHTRC experience! We are all rooting for you and it is coming soon! [Wink]
hopenow
Member # 13819
 - posted      Profile for hopenow     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Tulipgarden!!! You crack me up! That really does look like a cute little pregnant belly! Thanks for sharing! [Wink] I love reading your posts!
TulipGarden
Member # 13451
 - posted      Profile for TulipGarden     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.tubalreversal-images.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=/cjomqobaby/SDC10658.JPG

I seriously looked pregnant. I had my surgery on 6/4 and this was the day we were flying home which was 6/6. And I got a little bigger even after that. HA! [Smile]

The funniest thing was my parents called about a week after surgery and said they were stopping by. I squeezed into my old clothes, got my waddle walk in check, and sucked in my tummy the whole time they were here. My parents dont know I had a TR. After they left I told my hubby OMG I am so tired of sucking in my belly and I ran (or waddled) in and got my big comfy clothes back on.
TulipGarden
Member # 13451
 - posted      Profile for TulipGarden     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Wahhh! I wish I was 135!

At the time of surgery I weighed 155 I think. I am just under 5' tall but I claim 5'.

I gained about 10 pounds initially. I really retain water in general so I might have retained more than most? It was mostly in my belly cause my rings would still fit. I think I have a picture of it I can post for you. I looked pretty pregnany for awhile. Although my feet swelled up huge after the flight home. I then peed off a few, and right now I am 167 so I gained BACK. I am almost at the heaviest I have been in my life. So I started working on it. I dont think mine is post TR related anymore, it's because the kids are home, we have been buying lots of goodies, normally I dont eat much sugar and I have had a lot lately, plus the doctor took me off my old BP meds which had a diuretic in it. I think that helped keep off more than I thought. But the old meds I cant take while TTC.

So there is my story.
dani_elle
Member # 13045
 - posted      Profile for dani_elle     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I am also five feet one inch tall, and weigh 130. I don't know how much I gained weight wise, but normally I wear a size 6/8 and my clothes did not fit. I spent too weeks in loose tunics, and leggings. I felt dumpy and gross. LOL! But it did go away.
4EverNYMom
Member # 13613
 - posted      Profile for 4EverNYMom     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Hewants,
I am about 5ft 2in and weigh about 135 (or so). I think I gained about 8lbs with bloating but it mainly stayed in my belly area. It felt like I was 5months preg cuz I had 2 pee every 5 min! Lol
HeWants2BeADaddy
Member # 13812
 - posted      Profile for HeWants2BeADaddy     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Can I ask how big, or small most of you are..... just to get an idea of what kind of bloating and swelling you are all talking about, and what I can expect. I am 5' 1" and weigh 130 lbs.

TR 8/3/09 20 days [Big Grin]
hopenow
Member # 13819
Thanks ladies for normalizing what is going on post TR! Not that I am complaining! CHTRC was fantastic and I would do it all over again if I had to! Just looking forward to clothes fitting normally again! [Wink] Take care everyone and best wishes!
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.