Tubal Reversal A Personal Choice

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » After Tubal Reversal » How long after TR can you start exercising?
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
lila
Member # 10247
 - posted      Profile for lila     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
LauraDawn78,

Hi! Here are my stats:

Me - 36
DF (together 8 years) - 31
DD - 16
DS - 14
DS - 12
TL - 10/13/94/Pomeroy
TR - 11/20/06
Lengths - 7" and 5.5" (not sure which side is which length)

Lila

[Big Grin]
Lauradawn78
Member # 7392
 - posted      Profile for Lauradawn78     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Hi Lila,

I questioned the tube or ovary as the possible culprit too at first, but then it kind of would be more of an up and down twinge or pain. It went more towards the crease at the top of my thigh!?!? It is better every day, but still there and if I want to lay on either side instead of my back, I put a pillow under the side I am laying on and it helps a ton! [Wink]

So what are you stats, Lila?

~Laura-28
DH-30
DD-9
DD-6
DD-2
TL-10/04
TR-11/29/06 R 5.5 L 3.5
lila
Member # 10247
"I have a question for anybody,I havent had my TR yet but after i do how soon can you start trying to concieve? my email is melissapagel1@yahoo.com "

Melissa,

Dr. Berger and nurses say to wait until after your first menstrual cycle after your TR to start conceiving.

Lila
lila
Member # 10247
Laura and Patti,

I had my TR on 11/20. I still have some pain to the right of my incision like you explained (Laura). I don't know what it is. I was thinking it was my falopian tube or ovary trying to heal, maybe it is sore. But my right side still hurts when I try to lean or lay on that side. It is getting better though. It will take time. I feel so much better each day. It is nice to be just about back to normal. I still have to take it easy with some things. I would just walk for excerise. I think waiting 6 weeks like someone else here said sounds like a good idea.

Lila

[Smile]
melissapagel1
Member # 10412
 - posted      Profile for melissapagel1     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I have a question for anybody,I havent had my TR yet but after i do how soon can you start trying to concieve? my email is melissapagel1@yahoo.com
stephg124ny
Member # 7023
 - posted      Profile for stephg124ny     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I am usually quite active. I've taken Tae Kwon Do for years. After my TR, it was a full 6 weeks before I felt well enough to go back, and I was very fit to begin with. I think everyone recovers at a different rate, but if you can't do your normal exercise routine, you could always try walking until you feel better. [Smile]
sjr
Member # 9566
 - posted      Profile for sjr     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
bumping
Lauradawn78
Member # 7392
 - posted      Profile for Lauradawn78     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Hi Patti,

I am six days post op and my incision site feels ok, but I took half of my steri strips off last night and that hurt SOOOOO bad! lol I'll do the rest today. [Smile] I saw you said you were having some discomfort still---do you have any sharp pains like to the immediate left or right of your incision, maybe an inch or so away? I emailed the nurse yesterday and she mentioned it possibly being muscle. It is tolerable, but just wondering if any others had this?? My back is a little sore down low too.

~Laura
TR-11/29/06
2'nd Chance
Member # 10228
 - posted      Profile for 2'nd Chance     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I am post-op day 8, and ladies I am still very sore. I went to work yesterday and really had to tough it out. I am really sore at the incision, sitting, standing, burns when I walk. I keep thinking tomarrow I will feel back to normal. I can't imagine exercise right now. My back hurts a lot too. I guess I am using those muscles to guard the abdominal muscles. I even thought we would TTC this week, but I think maybe I should just let my body heal first.
Patti
aussiewife33
Member # 10263
 - posted      Profile for aussiewife33     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
well i walked immediately after the sugery for long distances and so fourth.
buta sfor a workout routine or anything fast i would wait til after a month or so i tried like three weeks later and wasnt able to i was sore.
so then i waited five weeks and was able to get back into ab work out etc.
and i couldnt do it right off easily either its amazing how much of yourstomach muscles you use that it ook for granted prior to surgery cause mywork out was a breeze when i started up i could hardly move they felt locked and sore.
so i decidedd to work it up. do like every third day or so and not thewhole work out til i built it up again.
so my advice is listen toyour body also.
dont over do things work it up slow.
hope this helps
andsasha
Member # 9659
 - posted      Profile for andsasha     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I started about three to four weeks after my TR. I think you should take it slow and work from there on what you feel most comfortable with. What I do know is that you should not be lifting any weights.

Pauleen
sjr
Member # 9566
 - posted      Profile for sjr     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Ladies,,how long does Dr. Berger suggest you wait until you exercise? like jogging? or fast walks??
Thanks
sara

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.