Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » After Tubal Reversal » mini ivf, iui and ivf ????
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
Whitney, RN
Member # 14645
 - posted      Profile for Whitney, RN     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
iz2davalways,
Alynn is correct. IUI is when they inject sperm into your uterus in hopes of conceiving.This would not be an option if your tubes have been tied bc the egg needs to become fertilized in the fallopian tube. IVF is when doctors fertilize the egg outside of the body and then insert it into your uterus. IVF cycles can be close to 6,000.00 a session. TR is cheaper and yields greater pregnancy rates then that of IVF. Have you spoken to your OBGYN about fertility medications? Are you using Ovulation predictor kits, are you ovulating? Hope this helps. Dont hesitate to call us with questions!
Whitney, RN [CHTRC]
clark001
Member # 14642
 - posted      Profile for clark001     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
A IUI and sperm wash with my ob is 248.00 and maost docs will allow you to make payments...
ND_N8tive
Member # 14998
 - posted      Profile for ND_N8tive     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
what is the cost of an IUI??
Taliah0305
Member # 11495
 - posted      Profile for Taliah0305     Edit/Delete Post     
I had an IUI last month and it did work even though i lost the baby you can still have a successful iui after and TR
Alynn629
Member # 15004
 - posted      Profile for Alynn629     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
IUI = Intrauterine insemination. They inject the semen into your uterus so they can fertilize your egg when its released. If you have had your tubes tied this will not work. Not sure on mini ivf.. I have been following a group of women's IVF journeys on an IVF message board. Its a hard process and often times doesn't yield the result desired. It is also very expensive. I encourage you to find some online message boards to follow as well as this one here to get a feel for what they both entail and see which is more appealing. It took me several months to decide which route I wanted to go. You will get a pretty good feel for the emotions involved for both. Tubal reversal is less expensive then IVF, typically does not require injections of any type, and you can TTC every month. Check out online statistics for both IVF and TR in regards to your age as well.
iz2davalways
Member # 15140
 - posted      Profile for iz2davalways     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
what is the difference and which would be better considering a tubal factor. I don't understand at all what IUI is?? and mini ivf is a lot cheaper and didn't know if there is a reason for that? me and my husband are just considering options. thanks to anyone that has any advice.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.