Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center.

3613 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609
Call: (919) 968-4656
Fax: (919) 883-4036
Get Your Free Consultation »

Tubal Reversal Message Board

Tubal Reversal HomeBlog Tubal Reversal Videos Birth ReportNew PregnanciesPatient Satisfaction
my profile login | register | rules | faq | forum home | Today's Active Topics
Join our Facebook Group.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Tubal Reversal Message Board » After Tubal Reversal » Implantation Bleeding?
 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
wmhlpn
Member # 15651
 - posted      Profile for wmhlpn     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I tested on 11/8 (10dpo) and got a BFN then on Thurs 11/10 (12 dpo,AF was due on 11/12) and got BFP. If you were due or AF today I would test again in a couple of days to be sure.
ddtillman
Member # 15746
 - posted      Profile for ddtillman     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I had forgotten to mention that I did have a very normal period one week after surgery. I had normal red blood flow. This is so different as it is purple/black. It is a very light flow. I did find someone but they cannot take a new patient until December 8th. I will continue to test just to be sure and if I get a positive I will call them and see if they would make an exception and order me a blood test. Just curious how common implantation bleeding really. There are so many conflicting reports. Thanks.
Laura D, RN
Member # 1387
 - posted      Profile for Laura D, RN     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Usually, by the time your period is due, pregnancy can be detected by using a home pregnancy test. However, if you have not started your period within a few days, you should test again to be sure. If you continue to test negative on HPT's, but have signs/symptoms of pregnancy, you should have a blood test performed by your MD just to be certain. It is true that the first periods following surgery can be altered from your "normal".

Best wishes,
Laura D.,RN
[CHTRC]
NJgirlinWI
Member # 12872
 - posted      Profile for NJgirlinWI     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
Depending on when ovulation, conception and implantation occurred, you could still be too early to get a + hpt. Also, since your surgery was so recently that could have thrown your cycle/AF off by a bit... Good luck and keep us posted [Smile]
ddtillman
Member # 15746
 - posted      Profile for ddtillman     Edit/Delete Post   Send New Private Message     
I had my surgery on October 6th. My temp was all over the charts but may have ovulated anywhere from October 28-31st. My period was due today. On Thursday I started having a weird black/purple/pink discharge. I thought it was the beginning of my period, but it is still very light and black (some small strings of black. Sorry for the details but i started thinking this was implantation bleeding. I do not have sore breast, however; had cramps in the lower center of abs...different from period cramps. I took a preg test this morning and it was negative. Would it be too soon for hcg to show. Do I need to test 7 days after the discharge stops or would it show now and I am not pregnant for sure? Any Thoughts?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

VIP Questions Pregnancy Statistics I'm Pregnant Testimonials AbbreviationsGetting StartedTubal Reversal Cost

Privacy Policy

Call (919) 968-4656 To Speak With a Tubal Reversal Nurse

The Tubal Reversal Doctors BlogDr. Berger's Facebook PageFollow us on TwitterChapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has a Better Business Bureau Rating of A+.